Monday, August 3, 2009

Connections...

I have learned a HUGE lesson over the past few months.

Getting published has allot to do with who you know.

I know a TON of wonderful people, but none that are editors, agents or have those connections. -Or so I thought!

One of my girlfriends brought her kids for a visit this weekend and much to my surprise she is good friends with the CEO of a very large Christian publishing company! AND better yet, she asked me for my manuscript so she can pass it on to him! GULP! YEAH!

I am excited by the possibilities, but at the same time realize that if this is not the path for my manuscript -or me- God will intercede.

I have a full week planned. I must write a 750 word story based on the prompt "Mystery by the Sea" for the local SINC meeting next Monday, send out the queries that I didn't send last week, and prepare for a trek to NY for good friends wedding.

I have posted a few of my thoughts on my family blog here. Come on over and share your thoughts.

I hope you have a wonderful week.

1 comment: