Thursday, July 9, 2009

Fifteen Years Ago Today...


My beautiful Marie was born.

I will never forget the difficulties surrounding us while I was pregnant with her. We went into labor over 2 1/2 months early and fought daily to keep her inside my womb. The Dr's tried med after med and they would work for a little while then stop.

When my body could hold her no longer the fears of delivering a preemie 5 1/2 weeks early hit full force. I was not able to be moved to a hospital with preemie care and if Marie had problems they would have to rush her to a local German hospital which did not have a NICU either, but had better care than the little ARMY hospital I was in.

The delivery went well, but when she came out I was able to see her for only a few minutes before they whisked her away from me and put her under oxygen. I remember watching the nurses and Doctors working on her, shaking her and me begging God to make her strong. The cheers when she she started breathing well and her color improved are memories I will always cherish! Her screaming cries were a blessing to my ears. God is so good.

Fifteen years later it is hard to believe how fast time has gone. She is such a beautiful person inside and out. She loves Jesus and is seeking His will in her life. At the moment she is preparing for a career as a Pediatric Surgeon. She is taking courses for High school students that the local Medical College gives. She amazes us as she walks up to a cadaver, picks up a heart and calmly points out the different parts! Yup, that's Marie! Strong and determined.
She loves kids and is fun to be around. She is fought over by neighbors she babysits for because she is that good with kids. I'm told by many that she is a good friend.

Marie, I am so thankful you are in my life. Being your mother has taught me so much. You and your brother will always be the best gifts your father and I have been blessed with.

I can't wait to see how the next 15 years will shape you.

Love you sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment