Monday, August 17, 2009

Book Review: Rick and Bubba's Guide to... Marriage

Rick and Bubba's Guide to the Almost Nearly Perfect Marriage Rick and Bubba's Guide to the Almost Nearly Perfect Marriage by Rick Burgess


My rating: 2 of 5 stars
Before reading this book, I had not heard of Rick and Bubba so I had no idea what to expect beyond what I read on TN info page.

The blurb I read promised, "This book will revolutionize your way of looking at married life. And it might just remind you all over again why you fell in love in the first place."

Sadly it did neither. It did make me giggle- a bit, but over all I was bored, waiting for it to get funny. -Sorry, but I must be honest.-

I don't think joking about weight and the attitudes around it are funny. I believe we must work hard to keep our bodies healthy and one of the best gifts I have given my family is my attempt to LIVE a healthy life and be a good example of that type of lifestyle so they can LIVE to see their grandchildren.

It was hard for me to get past the authors' joking and see the point.

I guess I should have realized that size is part of the joking this book surrounds, and I'm not the right person to read this book and get anything out of it.


Rick and Bubba's Guide to the Almost Nearly Perfect Marriage

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment