Thursday, September 24, 2009

Book Review of Lonestar Secrets by Colleen Coble

Lonestar Secrets Lonestar Secrets by Colleen Coble


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I read Lonestar Secrets by Colleen Coble as a member of the Thomas Nelson Book Review Blogger group.
Shannon Astor returns to her childhood home where secrets long buried start coming to light. Shannon finds herself caught in the middle of these secrets which place her life in danger.

This book was great. It had suspense, intrigue, romance, and held my attention throughout. There were a few parts of the book that were a bit far fetched, but the twists and turns were entertaining. Even though it is the second book in a series, I did not feel there was something missing by not reading the first. It is a stand alone book, but I look forward to reading Lonestar Sanctuary.

Before Lonestar Secrets I had not read any of Colleen Coble’s books. I have now found a new favorite author.

View all my reviews >>

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention how much I enjoyed one of the main themes through this book:

    LOVE is a choice!

    This idea is not one we teach our children or one we all believe but I do. Each morning we make the choice to love others, and I was tickled to watch the main characters in this book do the same.

    ReplyDelete