Monday, May 25, 2009

Book Review of BoneMan's Daughters

BoneMan's Daughters BoneMan's Daughters by Ted Dekker


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
I LOVED the Bone Man's Daughters. I won't rehash the entire story because others have done a great job summarizing it. I'm sure you get the idea by now. So I'll tell you why I liked it so much.


I'm married to a guy in the Army and could identify with the main characters Brittany, Celine and Ryan. In the military and a few other jobs, others safety must come first, but there is always collateral damage. Sadly, it’s the families that sustain terrible damage. Not having a husband, wife, father or mother around because someone else needs them more is difficult to deal with.


Ted Dekker was able to create a believable story using these characters. Sadly the situation they found themselves in is very true to life. -not with the Bone Man but as a Military family- The service member comes home to a house, not a wife, not children, but to something he/she no longer is a part of. The life is not an easy one and to make it successful, each person has to work hard. Dekker was able to write a very true to life story based on this loss of family, and how Ryan, the main character realizes what he has lost, but is it too late?


Hooah to all the Military Families fighting daily beside our Service men and women.


This book kept me turning the pages and guessing at what would come next. I’m happy to say that I wasn’t disappointed. I enjoyed the writing style and the glimpses into different character's thoughts and ideas. Very well written and suspenseful.


I would recommend this to anyone who is not too squeamish.



View all my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment