Saturday, April 25, 2009

Another promise to my readers

I am reading a book at the moment for my book club. It is wonderfully written and has kept me entertained, but it is missing a huge component; a component that I feel makes or breaks a story: HOPE
The problems in this book are so true to life. The characters are broken and hurting, but that's where it ends. They have no hope that the situation will get better. (I am 3/4 of the way through this particular book and don't know how it will end, but we all have read stories that are similar, or watched movies with the same premise.)

If this blog finds you in that same situation please know that there is HOPE!

I have been studying about Hope today and praying that God will show me some insights.
What I have found is that the Bible is so full of scriptures that reference Hope and I am overwhelmed. Our hope is in God!
Is that why these characters have no hope? Is the Author without hope? Is the author without God?
So my promise lies in my Hope in God~ I will in every way attempt to share my Hope with you. It might not show up right away and you'll probably wonder if I have forgotten this promise. Rest easy, I will not forget! How could I? If I forget, each lesson God has taught me would be for nil.

If you know my story, you know that there have been many times that I should and could have given up all hope. The future looked bleak and there was no visible promise of happiness, but through it all I held on to the smallest glimmer of hope. Sometimes that glimmer was not even the size of a atom but it was there none the less.

The greatest hope I had grew out of a promise made to me when I was 7. ~ A promise that I would NEVER be left alone and EVERYTHING that had happened and would happen to me was to the eventual glory of my God.

There was and is no promise that life would be wonderful. There was no promise to free me from earthly pain. But there IS a promise that I would not be given more than I could handle. Goodness, at the time I had no idea I could handle so much! LOL!

As I take on this next writing venture, I foresee some sticky situations where some of the characters struggle- and I will struggle with them as I write their stories- but know that at all times the hand that wrote the story LONG before He gave it to me, is the one who gives all Hope and the one who is the true reward of our hope.

Blessings


I have the best song about Hope and God's promise on my playlist. It is "You Gave Me Your Promise" by Fireflight. Moving!

Hope is some extraordinary spiritual grace that God gives us to control our fears, not to oust them. ~Vincent McNabb

Hope is faith holding out its hand in the dark. ~George Iles

Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Romans 15:4 For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.

Psalms 33:18 But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love.

No comments:

Post a Comment