Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Book

So, I have decided to blog about being a "Soon to be published" author. (Yes the SOON is what I'm dreaming for!)
I started writing my book last November during Thanksgiving break. I was working through a few ideas and one night had a dream about a man who wakes up in a new world and sees a lady he is drawn to follow.
It took me about a week to work out the particulars and start writing. Within 3 months I was finished. Since then there have been about 3 edits and a few changes. Honestly I have loved each moment of the process.
I am totally taken by my main character Seth. He is a 20 something guy who is funny, kind, smart and just gorgeous- And I mean Jersey girl drawn out Gorgeous- He is studying to be a doctor and teaches piano and guitar. Before they died, he loved his mom and admired his father. -The kind of guy you would be THRILLED with if one of your girls fell in love and brought him home!
My secondary character is Lilli. She is a young woman who is confident and loving and just the sweetest thing. She is a nurse who works at the local school and also a very talented musician. She is about 5' 3 and has blue eyes and longish brown hair. Her smile just melts Seth. But does she love him? Is she his One?

At this moment I am working on my final edit before submission to agents. I was happy with it when I edited last time, but it needed some polishing. So...... Here I am polishing, working on my query letter and Synopsis. -Not the most fun part of writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment