Sunday, April 26, 2009

Confirmation

We had the most wonderful service today at www.newlifeprovidence.com. The worship and fellowship were great. The sermon Pastor Dan gave was so to the point it brings tears.
We learned how God gives us safety but not comfort. At any point we are comfortable we are not learning and growing! POWERFUL!
I am reminded of the growing pains I had as a child. I used to cry so often and not be able to move. I knew that I was growing but there were times where I would have gladly stayed where I was to avoid the pain.
Today I find myself doing the same thing spiritually.
The new book I am working on is going to cause me to be very uncomfortable! It will require me to dig into my past and some difficult situations so that I can show how God carried me out of them.
I have already asked a few of my friends to pray for me during this process. I even mentioned to one of them that I don't want to go so far outside of my comfort zone! HELLO!
I know God wants to use my experiences towards His glory and to bring others hope. I know it will cause me to be uncomfortable, but I also know that it will cause me to grow. It will bring me one step closer to Him and who He is calling me to be.
So I challenge you this week, where are your comfort zones? Have you gotten so comfortable that you have stopped growing?
Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment