Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Quick Thoughts: Free Will

Morning All! I only have a few moments and want to tell you some of my latest thoughts.

I fell asleep last night thinking about Free Will. In my life I am waging between My Will and God's Will more than I would like to admit.
I added this trial to my book The One. There is a part where the Guardian Angels are talking about Humans and our Free Will.
Asher~ Seth's Guardian says:
“Each human is given a choice to do what is right in each situation. Free will is an interesting challenge for us Guardians. I am able to guide and protect, but ultimately it is your choice. He would never force you to do something and neither could I. Humans are just that, human. Ultimately, it is your choice.”
Then later another Guardian comments: “Human’s free will is always messing up His best laid plans.”
This morning in my quiet time, I looked further into Free Will to find out just what others feel about it.
Free Will according to Wickipedia:
The question of free will is whether, and in what sense, rational agents exercise control over their actions and decisions.

The Bible:
Dt.30:19
I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life.
Joshua 24:15
Choose you this day whom ye will serve.... But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Then I found this site which breaks down the different Denominations beliefs on Free will: http://christianity.about.com/od/denominationscomparison/ss/comparebeliefs2_4.htm

Those of you who know me know that I shy away from the Religious debates because I am not a theologian but a normal person who seeks knowledge of right and wrong for my life and my family.

My conclusion: When I think of Free Will, I am shocked that God would leave the MOST important decision in life (to trust, love and serve Him) up to me! Hello! Really God? Me?

It's such a good thing that I am NOT god! That decision would be one for which I would press the "DO OVER" button!

Then after my little laugh at my humanness, I am humbled that He left this decision to me. He gave me the choice to follow Him or not. What a gentleman! How often my Free will has led me into trouble. Looking back on my troubling times, I see that it was MY Free will that got me there!

When we trust in Him, we turn over our Free Will to the One who gave it to us. He allows me to grab it back in my own desperate desire to control the situations, (Were I Him, I would be laughing at my stupidity) and then He is always right there with open arms when I crawl back to him, beaten up by the results of being out of His Will.

The problem with Free Will arises when it is MY will I follow not God's.
I would love to hear your take on Free Will.

Blessings, I'm off to have lunch with a girlfriend.
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment